Non-GMS Services effective from 07/04/2019
We ask that you don't use a face-to-face consultation for this. Please do not book a routine appointment for this as declining often offends.
DUE TO CLINICAL WORK TAKING ULTIMATE PRIORITY, CURRENT WAITING TIME FOR THESE REQUESTS IS 6-8 WEEKS *
*(Except for SAR requests which will take 4 weeks)
Instead, we now use a more effective and timely system for completing requests for letters. Simply complete the request slip at reception (with the forms if appropriate) and a member of staff will contact you back if you need an appointment.
Some services provided are not covered under our contract with the HSCB NI and therefore attract charges. Examples include the following:
- GP Letter 'To whom it may concern' £20
- Driving Medicals HGV and PSV £75
- Private sick notes £15
- Private prescrition £15
- Private vaccinations speak to reception*
- Vaccination certificates printout £15
- Holiday Cancellation Letter Short £20 detailed £50
- Fitness to Travel (medical hx/pregnancy) Short £20 detailed £50
- Report FOR INSURANCE OR THIRD PARTY (dependant on size) £50-200. (Under GDPR regulations patients can request a copy of their notes (SAR) for free but must allow 28 days from the time it is requested for it to be prepared)
FIREARMS MEDICALS- PLEASE NOTE
ALL OUR GPs HAVE CONSCIENTOUS OBJECTION TO COMPLETING FIREARMS LICENCE RELATED MEDICAL REPORTS AND PATIENTS WILL NEED TO MAKE ALTERNATIVE ARRANGEMENTS WITH THE PSNI.
- Note: WE DO NOT DO MEDICALS FOR SPORTS OR OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH. WE ALSO DO NOT DO 'LETTERS OF SUPPORT' eg for PIPS or University as it is an inappropriate use of GP time and holds no weight in decision making- instead Official channels of communication should be used from the Third party.
The fees charged are for non-contractual administrative tasks only.
Our reception staff will be happy to guide you to which services are available and answer any queries you may have.
*Individual fees apply ask reception for these.